Thursday, June 05, 2008
 
BACK! From a shopping trip that was so out of this world. Place to be at: Thailand, Bangkok

It was a great 5 day trip. Nothing less of a relaxing, pure shopping bliss. I am so shocked by the amount of clothes and accessories that i have bought. Well for a rough estimation, i think i bought over 60 items!! Well bulk of the shopping and luggage space was taken up by me. hee. I didn't plan it that way just that the clothes there were dirt cheap, compared to Singapore, i couldn't resist the temptation and there you have it, a whole new wardrobe. =)

Whew. I bet i have loads of leg muscles now. They even look more toned to me already. Darker too for sure since i insisted on wearing shorts and slippers all around. Walking all around the WHOLE entire day sure is tiring and i think i even have stomach muscles developing. Haha too bad i still have loads of fats covering those muscles so i still look the same and not like some model. Yeah that is what i should strive to achieve.

I went there with much emotional baggage and not much luggage. Came back with lesser worries and much much more luggage. That's the best part of the trip besides the fact that i got to spend 5 whole days with my most loved people- my family. Lets see... 5x24 hrs together. I'm glad to say that it was enjoyable and not a pain in the ass. HAHA!! Like it will ever be.

Love the way of life they have there. So simple and so stress-free. Their approach to life seems to be happy-go-lucky so unlike Singapore. Noticed that the people there don't seem to have much grey hair. Maybe that's the reason.

OH YA! Next time when you happen to see me, please tell me what colour my hair is. I have been trying to name the colour and not succeeding in it. SO i need your help! Okie okie? So do that the next time and please! don't stare at my hair when you are doing that. It'll be creepy.

I know i'm a lousy blogger but just let me type as i remember. Yeah Bangkok sells these tees with wordings on them that are super suggestive! Yes i know Singapore sells them too but that's not the point. Well, the tees have suggestive undertones but many people do not realise them!! I even saw kids buying such tees with no inkling at all to what they are claiming to those reading their tees that are loudly proclaiming stuff such as "Take me for a drive baby" (read: ride me baby) or "Spooning leads to forking" (obviously a play on pronunciation!!) and so many more that i can't remember. Oh. naivety.

Platinum. THE place to go for shopping!! It is freaking scary the number of shops there are in that building dedicated to girls/women/the females... SERIOUSLY!! There are 6 levels, the top most being the foodcourt. The rest of the 5 levels... Serious shopping grounds for females. The whole of level 5 is accessories. I went there and never wanted to leave, and after a while, i began to experience starry-eyed phenomenon. There's just too much to see and buy! And the most amazing thing is that the shops are not like those found in far-east plaza where repeats of styles of clothes are everywhere. EVERY freaking shop sells different clothes!! Can you totally imagine that? That's the reason for my frenzied shopping experience. haha! The first thought i had when i stepped into that particular mall for the first time was "No wonder the guys here would want to go for a sex change...". Heh. Girls are so pampered there, getting to sit around in shops, selling their wares with the attitude of "you can approach me if anything catches your eye, if not i'm just going to sit here and relax".. Guys, a whole new different story. Have to drive around in taxis or tuktuks, a generally more demanding lifestyle...

You know, even though transversites are such a common sight in Bangkok, i'm still uncomfortable whenever i meet anyone of them. I just freak out. I wonder why. Its just so weird looking at a female's appearance and listening to a man's voice with an adam's apple bobbing up and down. EW! I can't understand it. I'm just repulsed by the whole image and thought. Urgh. Nothing against them as a person... its just... I can't explain it. Probably because i'm an idealist? I don't know really.

And i guess i look thai. The thai people just love to talk to me in thai and mistake me for the shopkeepers, asking me the price of this and that. urgh. and apparently i am good with directions and memory of the layout of the city area, dad and mom always comments that i was probably a thai in my past life as i take on the role of tour guide. BLAH! maybe that's why i'm attracted to a certain someone eh. haha. stupid.

I bought super many things...
and as ying xieng have to say...

™ Different Worlds says:
60!!! (referring to the number of things i bought)
™ Different Worlds says:
what u buy so many!
™ Different Worlds says:
eh they are cheap not FREE leh
™ Different Worlds says:
haha
next time. with photos if i'm in the mood.

and will you care that you evaded my thoughts?
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
anything that strikes my fancy.

Archives
November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / February 2010 / March 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]